vtec does not work:(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

one of my friends has a 2000 civic SI with B16a2 in it with DC headers with straight piping intake, stuff like that, but any ways, his VTEC does not kik in, it jest doesn't work no more, for some reason, so my question is if somebody knows what may be the problem...

Um ok...Just tell you friend he doesn't need VTEC. My bike probably has more torque...

J/K.. Has he checked the oil lately? Not enough oil could result in VTEC not engaging.

is the check engine light on? if so, what is the code?

He went to the dealerships and he checked every thing about it and they said that the VTEC should work, and he is gettin' another engine,

lucky bitch! by any chance does he live in nor cal if he does im going to drive over to that dealer and jack that engine. most of the time when my work place does engine swaps they give the engine to the metal people who go melting b18s for like 10 bucks.

yeh he warmed his car up and stuff, he is fakin with his B16 like for 2 months he changed so many sensors, he did so many things, he went to some guy and they even took the head out he said that he doesn't know, :(

oh and about the old engine he basically sold it around $600 with the tranny.....

Its cheap I know but the engine "SUCKS" big time..........

The hidraulic tranny is good do........

he is waiting for some kinda JDM B16 I don't know which is like 1000 with tranny,

I don't konw why he put a B16 back, stock B16 steanks big time.....

one of my friends has an LS with a hidraulic cluch in his hatch, he smoked a B16

and its not build or something, jest Intake and Exhaoust.........

Did he check the VTEC solonoid? He could just need a new one. Does he even know what VTEC sounds like to begin with?

How much did he pay for the new motor or was it still under warrenty? if he paid for the whole new motor himself hes a jackass, he should have just bought a new VTEC cylinder head.

he has a salvaged car, so there is no waranty smartASS
he payd like 1 grand for new engine some JDM B16

of course he know's how v-tech sounds like but the think is that his does not work

he checked out the solenoid too

but it does not matter cuz on the B16 you jest hear the vtech there is no diffedence any ways, haha

he probably didnt get a jdm b16 from the dealer. it is pretty involved with the wiring since the jdm was meant for a RHD. the LMA's were probably bad/stuck with his old engine, but its gone now . . . . to bad i didnt get my hands on that shit.

my guess as to why his v-tech wasnt engaging is because he was still using the original 900Mghz version... he simply needed to upgrade to the new 2.4 Gig v-tech for optimum reception... problem solved... oh wait were we talking about hondas?
post rendered useless

Back