Vtec-e 1.5 SOHC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driver5397

i have a Vtec-e 1.5 SOHC can anyone tell me more about this motor???? Is it the same as a Vtec motor wats the E means? tell me all u can about that motor.

1. what kinda headers do i put on this motor?
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

yes its vtec but its meant to save alot of gas, vtec e ..economy it has less power than a non vtec dx motor,, its junk in other words

Actually, it's not junk. It has nice geometry, has a wonderfully efficient head that can make a LOT of power if someone does some work on it, and it's just cool to be able to say you have a D15Z and roasted someone.

Header fitment- I think any D series header will work on it.

Alot of what makes the motor efficient is in the ecu and cam. You can easily put a z6 cam and p28 ecu in it and it will run just like a z6. I also want to point out the cool rear bumpers on the vx's, they have a cool wind guard that goes from the bumper to the chassis to reduce drag^_^. No need for those gay looking diffuser thingys.

yeah, the stock ecu has a rev limiter of 5500 or something like that so that has to go. Not positive about the cam cause i only drove one and never took it apart. Also, i think the gearing of the tranny is different. Geared more for fuel economy.

You can't just drop the Z6 cam into the Z1 engine. The Z1 cam only has 16 lobes- the Z6 has 20. It won't fit. You'll have to get a custom cam made for the Z1 engine.

What makes it so fuel efficient, are the manifolds, cam and ecu. I would just swap the head. All the money you will spend on new manifolds and a custom ground cam its just not worth it.

Back