Vtec Issues ls/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMjackyboy

hey honda swap,

I recently built a ls/vtec using a b18b block and b18c 96 gsr head. i am using a jdm vtec solinoid and the ecu is programed to not look for the oil pressure. my problem is when i reach 4400+ rpm vtec never engages, and there is no CEL on in the car which i dont understand. I know for a fact that my o2 sensor is broken off, and that would for sure give a CEL so why is the ECU not giving a CEL? I tried to hook up a CEL reader to the car but it could not connect, all the issues must be related correct? The car has a OBD2b Wiring harness with a obd2b-->obd1 converstion harness into a p28 ecu w/ basemap.

So i only have one light on the dash on which is the SRS/ Airbag light, would this light cause there to be no CEL or cause Vtec to not engage? i wouldnt think so?

Sorry i am running out of ideas on why the car isnt throwing a CEL and vtec is not engaging!

Sorry if you read this on Honda Tech, I posted it there aswell,

Thanks in Advance.

Forgot to add that the car was originaly a 95 Integra ls, and i dont know why it had a obd2b wiring harness becuase i didnt think they were in cars older then 99?

your car is prob. a 96 integra they started the obd2b harness at the start of 96. and as for your problem is your ecu chipped and is the vtec active, i had same prob about 2 years ago with my teg before i sold it come to find out the vtec wasnt active. pm me

Back