vtec not working???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lulu14

i just did a auto to manual swap on my 97 lude. you can here vtec but no real power is felt, along with cappy low end power also. idk if this matters but i still havent hooked up my speed sensor cuz i was dumb and got rid of it with the auto trans. any help would be appreciated.

you didn't hook up your speed sensor? still using the same ecu?
if thats the case, the car will always think you're in park, so no vtec and a pretty shitty drive imo

yes i replaced the auto ecu with a manual and went through that whole ordeal with honda. made sure oil is good the only thing wrong is its throughing the code for my speed sensor. low end really isnt to bad but vtec def isnt kicking like it should

Like I said, without the speed sensor the car will think it's still going at 0kph so as we all know vtec doesn't engage in neutral...
Case and point:
get the fucking speed sensor up, reset the ecu and vtec away!

VTEC takes engine Load, Engien RPM, Oil Presure , Engine Temp and how fast you are going.... if you are missing any of these peaces the Vtec in your car will not work fully or at all and u will get the issues u are having atm

Back