VTEC NOT WORKING

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay swap done but hence no vtec have used the 2.2 vtec loomb and the 2.3 internal loomb so whats happening

Okay here goes there is three wires that go to the vtec on my engine

a green white traced wire
which goes into a plug by it self

then we have a wire plug with two wires leading into it
a black wire and a sky blue wire

have traced all these wire to the main loom plug and the green white traced wire plugs in no problem and also the black which will be an earth but when you trace the sky blue wire it dead ends there is no feed into the cockpit of the car should i just have to wire the sky blue or is there more to it than that

Am at a total loss have wired in the blue wire to the ecu and the black wire is an earth to my knowledge but with the one wire left it changes colour and thats were im stuck cant seem to find it at the main wiring block connectors plus dont have have the pin data for the p13 ecu so am knd of scuppered i need help :worthy: :cry:

All obd 1 ecus have the same pin outs. in the link above it tell you what pin to use for the KS.

D1 D3 D5
D2 D4 D6

Thats the way the pins run on each connector.

So let me get this right the obd1 is the exact same pin outs as the p13 ecu i am running just want to check before i make a mess? and with it being a jap import loom will the wiring be diffrent at all ?

There shouldnt be since your prelude is EDM. If it was a USDM prelude yes there would be a problem since the ECU is on the other side.

cool cool will let use all know how i get on with it tomorrow cheers for the help

Um, the JDM and USDM ECU's plug in the same. My ECU is JDM, and my harness is USDM.

OBD1 is OBD1. EDM had a couple little changes under the hood, but that's still kinda foggy to me.

i was talking about the harness. if he has a full japanese harness the ecu plug will be on the left side (if you are sitting in the drivers seat)

Okay guys and gals thats me vtec'ed up now finally got it to work with the help of one of my electriciann friends am going to get the fuelling set up today after a wee accident last nite but everythings okay now cheers for everyones input much appreciated thanks once again !!! :mrgreen:

Back