Vtec Oil/water Pumps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
are b16/itr/gsr oil pumps the same??
can i use my b16 one for my ls/vtec?

also, i got a brand new LS water pump w/ the engine can i use that or should i get a gsr/itr one?

The New LS/water pump should be fine, from whati know, the gsr,si and b20 oil pumps flow the same, but a type-r one floes a little more oil...,just use your b16 one, and if you get a chance,get a pro/drive oil gear. we use pro-drive gears in all our turbo carss and have never had any sort of oil supply issues.. -paul

You can use the LS water pump, if you do you have to use the LS timing belt as well. Because of the way the LS pump is geared it will start to cavitate at a lower RPM than the VTEC water pumps will. I don't know what that RPM is.

thanks!
i talked to cory and he said to use the LS h20 pump and the LS timing belt.

Did he give you a reason why? He is the first person I have heard of reccomending that.

That makes sense. How high are you planning on revving this engine?

cory said it'd have no problem going to 8500, and i trust him as he's built several ls/vtec engines and had a setup identical to the one i'm in the process of building... but it probably wont see past 8200 very much.

word. i'm relying heavily on yourself and cory to guide me through this ... you have built them before!!
i'm sending that chip out on monday too!

Right on, I'll let you know how it runs.

I have never talked to him, but Cory sounds like the man. Is he in CT like most everyone else here?

Back