Vtec Or Vtec-e?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpyOneUSN

i got a 98 civic ex 2dr, and i just bought the haynes manual for it. its kinda vague but for chassis and engine codes it lists that the EJ7=2dr/D16Y5 which is also listed as having the vtec-e (e meaning "enhanced performance") and the EJ8=3 or 4 door as having the D16Y8 which is the regular vtec. on this site under engine codes it lists the D16Y5 as the Hx engine, so why would they give the "enhanced performance" to the HX and not the EX? can someone please explain the difference to me?

VTEC-e is that special place between VTEC and NOT-VTEC it stands for Various Testicular Enual Cancer-Everywhere..... :lol: :lol: im so damn funny. you kknow what i-VTEC stands for.... Interesting Vonal Testicles Encourage Cocksmoking. :lol: :lol: Oh shit, im such an ass.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 16 2003, 10:48 PM
Ummm, I could be wrong, but I thought the "e" in VTEC-e stood for "economy"....i.e., the opposite of performance.

:lol: :lol: I think your right.

what makes the HX so special (he i was bored at work one day and looked it up) the HX Model is suppse to be a major gas saver so what it does until about 3000 it only runs on twelve valves not 16.... 1 intake valve, and 2 exhaust valves. over that (which is VTEC-E) the same principal, a pin pops into place and opens that other intake valve. The EX model runs on all 16 valves at all times, and when VTEC hits (well u know what it does)... so VTEC-E is kind of the trial version of the new I-VTEC cause they do the same principal, power with economy (But i hate I-VTEC's) even more expensive to tune than the older models!

dylan

Originally posted by DylanTheKid Posted on Jun 17 2003@ 07:29 PM
so VTEC-E is kind of the trial version of the new I-VTEC cause they do the same principal, power with economy

VTEC-E(conomy) was availible in the 92 + models, so it wasn't a trial, it was more of a predecessor, and there is no real power to speak off, the vtec-e's have, as Esolsi so gracefully put it, the balls of a female chihuahua.

Back