Vtec pressure switch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

Steve at hmotorsonline said I wouldn't need to wire my vtec pressure switch for my motor. He said the USDM's are wired and the JDM's aren't. Something like if I did it wouldn't hurt anything, but I didn't have to.

I'm behind on my swap. Going to start tomorrow.

i have a 90 jdm b16a, and it has a vtec pressure switch, and the jdm harness that was on it had a plug for the pressure switch...

i highly doubt they would put a sensor on the motor, and run wires for it, if it wasn't even used.

There's not one on the JDM harness. The pin is blank! How does the vtec work without that thinggy? I'm not trying to prove anything or act smart. I just have no clue what this means or what to do.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Mar 5 2004, 01:20 AM
There's not one on the JDM harness. The pin is blank! How does the vtec work without that thinggy? I'm not trying to prove anything or act smart. I just have no clue what this means or what to do.

there should be two wire on the vtec soldnoid, i mean three. one is grounded and the other two need to be wire up for vtec.

just use ur harness(usdm) from the car and add the two wires.

Back