Vtec prob.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MONKEYTUNER

I am not throwing any codes but I have yet hit vtec I have had the motor in since october I also pulled the plugs today and did a compression check and it read 215 acroos all cylinders, but I am running lean I believe.I bought a PW0 ECU and it has a vtec rossover controller on it I was told that the air/fuel mixture was adjusted. but if that is true why am I running lean instead of rich.? Any Ideas would be really helpful to help me fix this.

I'm willing to bet someone will ask you what engine are you running?

and.... have you checked your oil lately?

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 2 2004, 12:02 PM
I'm willing to bet someone will ask you what engine are you running?

and.... have you checked your oil lately?

I am running a 90rs integra nonobd with a b16a 1st gen.
I change and check my oil religiously...........................

1st thing to do is check the controller.

never trust used shit- especially their settings. for all you know, it might have vtec set to engage at 9000 rpms. yes, its a possible setting.

I don't really get what you're asking though. Your post is called VTEC problem.. but you talk about running lean. running lean will NOT effect vtec activation. you will just blow up at some point :)

Moreover, how do you know you are running lean? have you been to a dyno with a wideband o2? if you are going by a $40 a/f gauge and your stock o2 sensor, i'd trust 500000 women in 1 room over that reading. :D

check your oil.

maybe take off the vtec solenoid and check/clean the screen (you'll see what i'm talking about).

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 3 2004, 09:23 AM
1st thing to do is check the controller.

:werd: do that and try swapping a pr3 or something in there from a friends car..

Well I finally had the time and help of a friend and I hit vtec for the first time sat. night. Man what a feeling. I do have a question like I said I have a vtec controller and It came with my ecu. It looks old but seems to work as far as controling the vtec crossover point. two questions? When I unplug the vtec controller I get and intake air temp. sensor code. I plug it back in it no code I have teo trn dials on the controller one to adjust the crossover point and I guess the other is to adjust the IAT sensor. what will this do for perf. and I am running a B16 with a 90LS tranny and good Ideas as far as to where I should set my crossover point? :spin:

Back