vtec problem????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

General Lee

im wondering y my vtec oil pressure switch will not engage, my vtec will work if i hard wire it and ive replaced the oil pressure switch and still no vtec, could it be a problem with my ecu jumper or is it the wiring harness? its for a 99'-00' B16A in my 00' acura el. if you have any ideas or ways to trouble shoot please help!!

im wondering y my vtec oil pressure switch will not engage, my vtec will work if i hard wire it and ive replaced the oil pressure switch and still no vtec, could it be a problem with my ecu jumper or is it the wiring harness? its for a 99'-00' B16A in my 00' acura el. if you have any ideas or ways to trouble shoot please help!!
it could but the first thing you should check is to see if your low on oil

because its a jdm b16a in my 2000 acura 1.6EL, i call it my acura SiR

well is the B16 OBD0, OBD1, or OBD2? j/w. not common for OBD1 in an OBD2 chassis. tho that's what i own.

ya im from canada i bought a 2000 acura EL1.6 which is only available in canada it is the same as a honda domani in japan. I bought a 99' b16a that i think runs on obd2 but the wiring harness i had was from the original D16A2 vtec, i bought an ecu that i believe is called an 0BD2A i think its for the 00' or newer wiring harness, because my original ecu was a obd2a but it was for the d16a2

okay y8 harness should work - you would want to make sure you had the right ecu for that motor. Are you throwing any CEL's? Both Vtec plugs for oil pressure and vtec solenoid connected?

Your v-tec will work if.....

Your Vtec will work if,

You get the engine's ecu, and!! look in a hanes manual to find which plug on the ecu is v-tec. Odds are, there is not a wire in that hole, on the plug. Put a wire in there, and run the wire to the v-tec solinoid, also do the same with the oil pressure switch, you prob don't have v-tec wired up, just try this. ^_^

vtec_sign.gif

hey jdmep3...your mom has vtec. stop being a noob. learn.

to all the noobs. use the reference section! it's too easy, you woulda had this figured out long ago. here! -

https://hondaswap.com/attachments/11d1100714249-obd2a.jpg
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/ecu-pinouts-28667/#post418229
Reference Materials - HondaSwap Forums < it's even the top sticky!

do it! best of luck.

ok i looked at the diagrams you posted, thank you, and it looks like i have the 96'-98' ecu but im running a Frog Engine Controls harness adapter for obd2b to obd2a harness, the adapter is good but im wondering if my harness didnt get hacked during the install so from what i understand is that i can run a wire from the apropriate spot on the adapter to the vtec selinoid itself, im also wondering if i should try to run both a oil pressure switch wire and a selinoid wire, because a tested the seleniod and it has power my vtec just wont engage at 5500rpm

yes every plug on the seleniod is connected and it is the right ecu for the motor the only thing thats miss matched is the harness its the original y8

GREAT NEWS- V-TEC- Holy Sh*t its awesome!!! after lots of head scratching and part changing I've got v-tec. A year ago I installed a B16A from japan in to my 00' Acura 1.6EL, the engine went in smoothly but v-tec has been a problem from the beggining. took everyones advice, replaced the oil pressure switch, cleaned out the soleniod and checked all the wires but everything was good anyway I drove it for a while with no v-tec then I noticed the idle was getting higher and higher so I checked the TPS and realized it was loose so I tightend it and set the idle and BAM!! vtec worked I think it was not working because the ecu was sensing that the engine was running lean. No one ever mentioned that to me so I hope maybe this helps someone else in the future.
P.S. To the guy in the 5.0 Mustang...... HAHA Sucker!!!!!

do u have ur check engine light on..?? cus u may have a auto ecu.. u should chip ur ecu.. sometimes some ecus lok for a sensor.. wich some engines dont have.. but the best thing is to chip ur ecu..

vtec

hi im wondering why my my car won't gas. i hooked up the vtec and pressure switch. when i turn the car on it runs, but when i gas it, it dies out? why is that? can you help me out?

Back