vtec problem...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybridracer504

i need a lil help....well here's how it went...i juss finished droppin in the motor and juss got it running....well on the first day u really drive it hard....and on the second day...i did...well i was goin about 40 mph and downshifted to 2 and as soon as vtec was about to kick in the check engine light came on so i got back home and pulled up sum codes....there where 2 codes....21 and 23...can sumone please help me out...thanks

I also get a code 21, but I checked my vtec solenoid and it is still in working condition. Is there anything else that would cause this code to come up? maybe a bad ecu?

yea...ive checked dat also...and it is workin properly but ive got to check the knock sensor again cuz i havent checked dat yet..and how can i fix dat problem...thanks

the car isn't wired for a knock sensor, if it is a OBD1. you have to run a wire from the sensor to the ECU so that it will register, unless you are using an ECU that isn't looking for it. the knock sensor is a single wire plug/bolt that is located on the back of the block, below the intake manifold and by the oil filter. I think it is a green wire most of the time. just run a wire from that sensor along the wire loom to the ecu and Plug it in spot D3 or 4. Not sure. THere shouldn't be a wire in the place though- it should be an empty spot on the ecu harness.

DArin

well...ive checked it and the wire is not green...it is yellow and red...so do i juss do the same procedure dat u told me...thanks

Originally posted by hybridracer504@Nov 19 2003, 04:48 PM
well...ive checked it and the wire is not green...it is yellow and red...so do i juss do the same procedure dat u told me...thanks

right

Back