1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vtec problem...

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hybridracer504, Nov 18, 2003.

1. hybridracer504

hybridracer504 Senior Member

i need a lil help....well here's how it went...i juss finished droppin in the motor and juss got it running....well on the first day u really drive it hard....and on the second day...i did...well i was goin about 40 mph and downshifted to 2 and as soon as vtec was about to kick in the check engine light came on so i got back home and pulled up sum codes....there where 2 codes....21 and 23...can sumone please help me out...thanks

2. civic15.8

civic15.8 Senior Member

im guessing you want to know what the codes stand for?

3. civic15.8

civic15.8 Senior Member

4. B16aJWHO

B16aJWHO Junior Member

I also get a code 21, but I checked my vtec solenoid and it is still in working condition. Is there anything else that would cause this code to come up? maybe a bad ecu?

5. hybridracer504

yea...ive checked dat also...and it is workin properly but ive got to check the knock sensor again cuz i havent checked dat yet..and how can i fix dat problem...thanks

6. darwins_vtech

darwins_vtech Senior Member

the car isn't wired for a knock sensor, if it is a OBD1. you have to run a wire from the sensor to the ECU so that it will register, unless you are using an ECU that isn't looking for it. the knock sensor is a single wire plug/bolt that is located on the back of the block, below the intake manifold and by the oil filter. I think it is a green wire most of the time. just run a wire from that sensor along the wire loom to the ecu and Plug it in spot D3 or 4. Not sure. THere shouldn't be a wire in the place though- it should be an empty spot on the ecu harness.

DArin

7. civic15.8

civic15.8 Senior Member

8. hybridracer504

well...ive checked it and the wire is not green...it is yellow and red...so do i juss do the same procedure dat u told me...thanks

9. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

right

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted