vtec problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a h22a motor in a 94 accord the problem is vtec does not engage. From 2000rpm till 5600rpm motor runs faster than 5600rpm and up i dont get it its like something is holding me back.checked oil is perfect.anyone could help ill greatly appreciate it. :(

Originally posted by hondaaccord94@Apr 4 2005, 10:54 PM
i have a h22a motor in a 94 accord the problem is vtec does not engage. From 2000rpm till 5600rpm motor runs faster than 5600rpm and up i dont get it its like something is holding me back.checked oil is perfect.anyone could help ill greatly appreciate it. :(
[post=482908]Quoted post[/post]​

i have p13 ecu
the only code im throwing is for my 02 sensor i dont think that could be the problem with the vtec not engaging

hmmm, i am under the impression that any CEL will throw the ecu into limp home mode...

the ecu cannot tell if the motor is running lean or rich, so its not going to go into full blown performance mode unless it knows everything is checking out ok...

CEL = no vtec...

I know for a fact a knock sensor code won't disable VTEC. An IAT code won't disable VTEC. Both just cause the ECU to retard timing to keep any problems from happening.

I'm pretty sure that an O2 sensor code won't disable VTEC, because I seem to remember my O2 sensor going out, and I ran like that for a few days before I replaced the sensor. Once again, it just causes you to lose some power from the ECU being careful.

However, back to the original question: The ECU has to be throwing some other code if VTEC isn't working. Are you sure it isn't throwing multiple codes?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 5 2005, 12:18 PM
ah, interesting...
[post=483133]Quoted post[/post]​

im not sure because i got the motor swapped in last week. How do i know if the wiring is not correct is that gonna throw a code or not?i know my motor is losing power because of the o2 sensor but i dont think that it has anything to do with the vtec.If anyone could tell me how i check my wiring ill appreciate it,well my mechanic said its connected but he did a shitttyyyy job on my swap so i dont think its connected correctly but im not sure.

If anything having to do with VTEC was wired incorrectly, it would be throwing a code. Can you check to see if it's throwing multiple codes?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 5 2005, 12:49 PM
If anything having to do with VTEC was wired incorrectly, it would be throwing a code. Can you check to see if it's throwing multiple codes?
[post=483171]Quoted post[/post]​

how do i do that bro? last time my friend did that for me.If you can explain it howq to do it i would do it right now

check the refrence section for honda ECU error codes...

it tells you what the codes are and how to retrieve them...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 5 2005, 01:02 PM

[post=483183]Quoted post[/post]​

im going to do that
thanx

Originally posted by hondaaccord94+Apr 5 2005, 01:33 PM-->
reckedracing
@Apr 5 2005, 01:02 PM

[post=483183]Quoted post[/post]​

im going to do that
thanx
[post=483210]Quoted post[/post]​

i checked the reference but i couldnt find the brown and black wires behind the center console if anyone knows where they are exactly located just tell me it would help a lot
oh yeah a have a 94 accord with a p13ecu and a h22a motor in it if thatll help

some accords and preludes are sometimes lcoated in the middle of the car, behind the radio on the passenger side left foot kick panel. try there. if you find the ecu, its right next to it hanging out.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 5 2005, 03:06 PM
If it's a 94 Accord, the plug to pull codes from is tucked up under the glovebox.
[post=483253]Quoted post[/post]​

is it like a blue plug if it is i only found the brown wire no black wire.i found the plug under the glove box.the glove box is infront of the passenger right or is it in the middle next to the driver i just got it mixed up.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 5 2005, 03:48 PM
It's definitely the plug that you found. You need to jumper it with a paper clip or something like that.
[post=483279]Quoted post[/post]​

what two colors am i supposed to connect or should i try all of them.there is two small plugs i should connect one plug to the other or what should i do

Originally posted by hondaaccord94+Apr 5 2005, 03:54 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Apr 5 2005, 03:48 PM
It's definitely the plug that you found. You need to jumper it with a paper clip or something like that.
[post=483279]Quoted post[/post]​

what two colors am i supposed to connect or should i try all of them.there is two small plugs i should connect one plug to the other or what should i do
[post=483284]Quoted post[/post]​

multiple codes are:13 15 21 23 36 i need some serious help

Back