vtec solenoid leaking...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

i noticed on my ex coupe that there is a very slight oil leak coming from the gaskets on the vtec solenoid. Will this cause my vtec not to kick in on accasion, Ive noticed sometimes it seems like vtec wont kick intill 5,200 rpm or possibly 4,800. Sometimes you cant feel or hear it at all.

my friends b series had a similar problem, it was leaking and I was kinda like no prob, your only losing like 10 drops of oil...BUT then it started to not kicking in right, somtimes it would kick in late, and other times it would try to, but would making this weird poping noise like it was missing or something...we replaced it and that fixed it, BUT before you do that, try taking it off and cleaning the screen on the back of it where it going into the head....

vtec isnt suppost to kick in until like around that time 4800-5200 rpm if it went any sooner unless you had enough mods ur engine would just bog down. but yet Vtec is controlled by a wire or 2 on the soliniod and it is opporated by fluid pressure so you need to have enough pressure for it to work. try getting a new gasket and see if that helps.

Kyle

Back