Vtec Solenoid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mr.paower

will the vtec solenoid and vtec oil pressure sensor from d series motors work for b series motors???

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but are you sure on that one? Because I know that when I swapped my F-series (SOHC VTEC) for my H-series (DOHC VTEC), the two solenoids were not compatible.

im using the whole D series setup on my ITR engine solenoid and presure sensor

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 16 2003, 03:46 PM
its a B/D series thing... you wouldnt understand ;) :lol:

:lol: :D

I need a windshield sticker that says "It's a Jeep thing...I'm too smart to understand" or "It's a Jeep thing....I don't want to understand"

out of curiousity, why would a d series solenoid benefit a b series motor? wouldnt it work the other way around?

its not a matter of D series vs B series parts.... they are the same
BUT
JDM ones work off of a negative pulse(?)
USDM ones work off of a possitive pulse (?) (could have these mixed up but they are opposite)

so if you are running a JDM solenoid with a USDM ECU VTEC will not work properly
there are ways too wire shit up to make it work but it is easier to just swap solenoids and sensor units (if you already had a VTEC engine, or you can go to a junkyard and get one)

how do you figure they are the same? the vtec solenoid on my b16a is WAYY bigger than that on my girlfriends z6. pics tomorrow.

the one on my D16Z6 and the one on my B18C/R were the exact same

out of curiousity, why would a d series solenoid benefit a b series motor? wouldnt it work the other way around?

it doesnt benefit anything...but if I needed one (lets say my b16 solenoid doesnt work) I would have a wider selection of engines to look 4 one :p

Back