vtec test???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the_rail

im not sure if my vtec is working properly, i believe i wired everything up correctly but at the same time i cant feel/hear the vtec kick in when accelerating. Is there a way i could test to see if the vtec is indeed engaging?

Someone on here said that the CRX HF has a Shift light on the dash that you could tap into the vtec wire so that it would light up in vtec, so could i just wire in a bulb of some sort to test?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

no i dont think that thread was a vtec test,they probobaly used there tach and shift light to make vtec engage,a result of ghetto rigging it that way is that your shift light comes on when it kicks in because they are using the same signal,one to signal to let you to know whan to shit then u use that same signal to tell your ecu when to engage vtec. i dont know if that makes sence or not.

you ll know when VTec is engaged..........it will rev to 8K very fast. it doesnt go into Vtec and push you back in your seat, its not like a Big Block Chevy or a turbo car. when youre haulin ass and the RPM's increase quickly thats when Vtec kicks in.

on my first gen b16 vtec engages at 5.5k if you get a controller you can change it to your liking or chip your ecu.

in my car its real distinct.especially with the greddy B) it sounds like a loud ass motercycle at full throttle.

Back