1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VTEC through firewall.

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by mikeislord, Nov 18, 2005.

1. mikeislord

mikeislord Senior Member

I need to wire in VTEC because i had an LX and now i have an Acclude with an h22.. I know which wires I need to wire and I know which pins I need to wire it to, but actually I'm just wondering how to connect the two. I dont want to remove that grommet where the engine harness goes to the ECU, and I certainly dont want to drill unless I really had to. Im not connecting the wires to the canon plugs, I'm wiring them direct. Someone give me some advice or insight.

2. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

are you serious?
    just find either an existing hole or make one and push them through. there is no way somebody on the internet is going to be able to tell you exactly where to put it through without seeing your car.

3. mikeislord

mikeislord Senior Member

Dude, I wasnt asking for someone to visibly see my car. And yes, I'm serious. If you'd rather be a dick, then don't answer my question. After doing a swap, maybe a seemingly easy question is better than messing up.

4. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

just put them through and existing hole, pull a gromit off and put them through. you won't mess anything up but doing that.

5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

I always use an existing hole and grommet. Just stab a small hole in the grommet and feed the wires through. Get it as tight to the wires as possible and call it a day.

I've never worked on an accord, but every other vehicle I've ever installed a system on (dozens) had at least one free grommet.

6. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

thats how it works. I just found a hole in the firewall where all the other engine wires were commin through, then i just pushed the wire through, grabbed that wire with a hanger and used some wire loom to cover it up/

7. typerhead

typerhead Member

lol did you do the swap??

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

coat hanger + electrical tape + wires attached + push through the gromment :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted