vtec trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bubbles

everytime i hit around 7500 it hits rev limiter... its not like a normal rev limiter it slams the car when it hits.... i dont think im in safe mode, im not throwing any codes... can someone please help me out its really bothering me thanks for the help.......

Ummm, I think that's the normal rev limiter you're hitting. It's a fuel cut, so when you hit the rev limiter at full throttle, it's going to be a little jarring...

ha no its a built b16a i can rev on a stock ecu to 8600 player. i know what a rev limiter feels like and thats not what its hitting so thanks

Originally posted by bubbles@Feb 19 2004, 11:18 AM
i can rev on a stock ecu to 8600

Then try giving us a little more info (like what ECU you ARE using). It's kind of hard to diagnose with little to no info.

ha no its a built b16a i can rev on a stock ecu to 8600 player. i know what a rev limiter feels like and thats not what its hitting so thanks

dammit....can i keep my sig though? :D

7500...im gonna guess that youre using a gsr ecu or a p30. your problem is probably your knock sensor. it wont let you rev above 7500 or go into vtec (does it go into vtec?)because it doesnt have a signal for the knock sensor. if it goes into vtec, the ks isnt your problem.

if it goes into vtec and still wont rev above 7500, then my guess is youve got either the wrong ecu, or a ghetto-chipped ecu.

:)

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 19 2004, 04:31 PM
6500...im gonna guess that youre using a gsr ecu or a p30. your problem is your knock sensor. it wont let you rev above 6500 or go into vtec because it doesnt have a signal for the knock sensor.

First off, he said 7500. Unless he MEANT 6500.

Second, a knock sensor code won't prevent VTEC engagement or high revving. It simply retards timing to avoid detonation.

edited.....

sorry bout that...as for the knock sensor thing, when i first got my car running, my knock sensor wasnt plugged in, and it rev limited at 6500 and wouldnt go into vtec....

:shrug2:

Strange. I WAS throwing a knock sensor code for awhile in my old H22 Accord, and I felt a loss of power, but VTEC engaged fine, and it revved to 8000 rpm. Maybe you were throwing another code besides a knock sensor?

only knock sensor, crank fluctuation sensor, and secondary o2 sensor...

i figured it was my knock sensor, cuz i rememberd there was one plug under the IM that i didnt plug in cuz i didnt feel like crawling under the car to get to it, and i was like 'oh, the knock sensor!' so i plugged it in, and all im throwin now is the fluctuation sensor, and the secondary o2 sensor, which doesnt affect me at all. bogs down below 2k at 10ish% throttle in 1st gear cuz of the o2 sensor, but other than that runs fine.

:shrug2:

civicious you can stop posting because your not helping but any way i figured it out thanks for everyone elses help it turns out it was a short in a wire but ohwell small mistakes happen thanks everyone

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 19 2004, 06:44 PM
sorry bout that...as for the knock sensor thing, when i first got my car running, my knock sensor wasnt plugged in, and it rev limited at 6500 and wouldnt go into vtec....

:withstupid: same here

where's the 'BOO FUCKIN' HOO' image when you need it?

7500...im gonna guess that youre using a gsr ecu or a p30. your problem is probably your knock sensor. it wont let you rev above 7500 or go into vtec (does it go into vtec?)because it doesnt have a signal for the knock sensor. if it goes into vtec, the ks isnt your problem.

if it goes into vtec and still wont rev above 7500, then my guess is youve got either the wrong ecu, or a ghetto-chipped ecu.

i told you what i know about what could possibly be the problem. and there were so many other people jumping in with ideas of what could possibly be wrong. stop bitching.

Back