VW Golf TDI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin_m

Anyone ever heard of a Golf TDI???? i saw one today and thought it was a GTI, but it said TDI instead.

Turbo Diesel???? in a 2000+ Golf??? sounds odd, i think this was actually brand new, it had dealer plates, do they make those??

ya, i have a friend with one, gobs of torque

not really it has like 70hp and 200 torque lol
but gets I think 49mpg also it does not have to put up with smog crap since its diesel

I thought about buying one but I like the A4s more then again they do get GREAT MPG

BTW they also make a TDI Bug

I test drove some chicks tdi beetle, it was uber gay....

Milan

they're really popular... we can't seem to keep em in stock at the VW dealership I work at.

Specs:
1.9L Turbo Diesel engine
90Hp and 193 lbs-ft torque
44 mpg city and 49 mpg highway

Originally posted by senate_9427@Aug 29 2003, 10:50 PM
No thanks. Id rather buy a Hybrid if i wanted the mileage thing. Honda Insight all the way

Insights are ugly as sin. But I would drive it for the gas mileage.

Every yuppie yale girl and her over groomed poodle drive those damned TDI jettas and golfs in CT. They love 'em. I don't see whats so appealing. I guess it's the gas mileage. Or maybe having more torque than most honda's will ever see.
I dunno...

most VW's are fugly. specially the new beetle. fuck VW

An old thread... but I wanted to say that the VW TDI series is very nice. 50 miles to the gallon, lots of torque and the cars can be rechipped for more power and even better fuel effiency. Last month, I heard that my dad in California was thinking about getting another car (currently he's driving a '90 white Camry DX V6 5-speed) and I desperately wanted him to buy this 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon that was white and 5-speed. Aargh! It would have been the perfect car for him. Oh well... :(

Here's a review on the TDI Jetta wagon that I wanted my dad to buy in here. I like the wagons. They are a nice size. I wish that there was still a Civic wagon available. *sigh*

And also cruise the www.tdiclub.com forums for more info. :)

VW TDI's are perfect cars for parents and people who want good gas milage. I am an ex-VDub owner, and they are good cars, they have their quirks but then again so does my honda. If I was not so into my driving fast and somewhat reckless stage of my life I would totally rock a TDI two door golf, with GTI rims...

Originally posted by khrisb@Aug 31 2003, 06:08 AM
Every yuppie yale girl and her over groomed poodle drive those damned TDI jettas and golfs in CT. They love 'em. I don't see whats so appealing. I guess it's the gas mileage. Or maybe having more torque than most honda's will ever see.
I dunno...

:withstupid:

They're everywhere...and now they have double uber gay drop top Beetles too. I point and laugh when I see a guy driving one. :lol:

Btw, I do hate the new Bug and the Jetta sedans etc... well at this point in my life, I just hate sedans. lol. But the wagons are just a nice size imo.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 21 2003, 06:37 AM
Btw, I do hate the new Bug and the Jetta sedans etc... well at this point in my life, I just hate sedans. lol. But the wagons are just a nice size imo.

You hate ALL sedans too? :(

I just bought a sedan.. :bawling:

:usuck: :p :lol:

s3f6d48a111183.jpg

Comon, you gotta like this sedan...I love it. :D

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 21 2003, 02:44 AM
Comon, you gotta like this sedan...I love it. :D

Haha! It's a very nice car dude, but it's just not for me. I think that I could be happy in my little hatchback forever. Sedans are for families, or very social people. lol. Having just one passenger in my car that isn't my dog, is a burden to me. So hating sedans only means that I could never own one.

Plus, whatever happened to "you are not your car"? :D

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back