VW GTI 1.8T

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gti is a nice car, but your friend has raced it for sure. talk him down on the price. Buy a beater car and a crotch rocket. Drive the piece of shit on rainy days and ride the bke on all the other days.

dont buy his car. you are wasting your money and upkeep will be a bitch.

like above, just buy a beater that is cheap on repair, and ride a bike all summer. you can pick up a nice buell for cheap nowadays....

or even one of those crotch rockets. :lol:

I vote Audi 1.8T wagon.

It's usually not a good idea to buy cars from friends. Shit breaks, and your friendship is stressed.

I had one of the 83 GTI's as my main car some years ago. I did love that car. The handling, although it wasn't blistering, was so predictable.........You could slide it sideways on dry pavement at 50 mph around a corner, and it always came back when you steered correctly. I miss that car.

hmm.......buddy has a 337, and with just an intake filter and Cup Kit,,,,,,the car hoenstly is very very nice.

I like it, the bottomend is strong, the chips are wonderful, the tiny turbo blows, so does the intercooler, let alone running a long piping front mount without having to upgrade to the TT IM, I would honestly have to say get one.

Interior is nice, german car, turboed already.

please stick away from any 4g63, except EVO :)

get a Volvo! 850 T-5R would be in your range you get the lux of the interior and the speed of the turbo and not to many people would steal a volvo

just think of the upgradability (is that a word?) internals already setup for boost all you need is a bigger turbo

I like mine a lot, I got a 2000 GTI for 13500 over the summer. Be sure to get one w/ the 17 inch wheels because I got stuck w/ the 15's and its horrible. It has a lot of torque so wheelspin is a huge problem for me right now but shouldnt be once I get my wheels and an LSD. Its pretty "luxurious" for a car like this (leather, heated seats, power everything, sunroof, 6-disc changer+cassete) so its an excellent daily driver. The engine has a ton of potential, if I had the money I'd b looking at about 260 whp and just as much or more torque for about 2500 + install. I recommend it. :thumbsup: Downside is that its a "cute car." :lol: If you've got any questions just IM me at this name or post.... oh yea, dont buy from your friend.

What part of san diego and what school? Im in the scripps ranch area and I'm posting this from school right now (SDSU).

it's hard to control things that you have no control over.

Miami, which I go to often is number 2 on the list, and I have never had problems.

The more open you are to talking about your car, money into parts, and showing up to meets, the more publicity you have.

I keep to myself

Back