w0rd...those f'n rivets were no match for my dremel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
I got the new TB I ordered yesterday from another yard...not even close. It wasn't even a honda nevermind an Integra. So I was pissed and said fuck it, I'll drill out the GD rivets and whatnot. After drilling for a bit and getting frustrated, I started bashing the old TPS w/a hammer and a flat head screwdriver.

Well wouldn't you know it, the rivets are actually screws. No one told me this...

So, I take both TB's home. 2 quicks passes w/the dremel and I had flat head screws instead of rivets.

Went to the toolbox and found a couple bolts w/the phillips head centers and screwed the old (new) TPS back into the B18 throttlebody...A+

throttlebody.jpg

Duh, dude. Just cut a slot into the head of the "rivet" and you can screw it right out.

I figured you of all people would know, working at a salvage yard.

awesome dude!

just remember, mirage's have bolt-on TPS with the lines aready cut into the top of the rivet so you can screwit up.

Before Sunday, I never thought twice about a TPS

I have a good dozen or so swaps under my belt (most were Honda's) and its never come up...I simply didn't know

Live and learn....then learn again

Hope I didn't come off as a total dick in that post - was meant in jest, really.

I thought it was common knowledge though lol

"Yeah. It's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports *before* they go out now. So if you could just remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. Alllll... right!"

Speaking of DPFI's...I'm supposedly getting a 91 DX hatch in sometime in the near future.

And its driveable

a few hundred...I'll see what it looks like when it gets here and post pics.

All I know is its white, a 5 speed, a DX, and supposedly has clean quarters

Back