Waht starters can i use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a B16a out of a 93 Xsi Teg, OBD 1

I need to get a starter, but don't know what to get. Acura said that the starters for a 91 and 93 teg have different part #s and Honda said the delsol and Si have different part #s too. :blink:

I thought that any B series starter would work.

Help please...

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Jun 24 2004, 02:57 PM
any b-series starter will work

I hope so, cause if i buy one from honda (its cheeper) they will not alow me to return it, and its goin to cost $277.67.

wtf, the honda dealership in my town will allow me to return shit for a refund if I don't want it, as long as its in the original condition.

I can return stuff to them for refund, but anything electronic can't be refunded.
Also i would have to special order it since they don't have it, and if it is special order they will not refund unless it is defective.
Plus a lot of things need to be special ordered, cause i live in Hawaii :) :angry:

I bought a starter for my old `92 civic for somewhere under $100 from autozone. Try getting one from them if you want something cheaper.

I wouldn't pay more than $5 for a starter. I have three of them in my garage for an H or F series. Buy a used one off of ebay. Don't throw your money away. The Honda starter is good for 150-250k, no problem. A used starter will probably outlive your car.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jun 26 2004, 06:08 PM
ya my old starter in my civic died at a little over 140k :p

I'm at ~230k on my original starter. Works fine. My buddy got ~350k out of his. Maybe the Accord/Prelude starters are better, but I'd say you had a shitty one.

Still, the starter is easy to get at, so if you only get 50k out of a used starter, oh well.

Back