Walbro 255 in my rex? overkill?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andrew

Well guys, I just finished my engine swap. (d16z6 w/ 11.5:1 comp. in my '91 crx si).
We've gotten most of the bugs out, but we've chased my main problem to the fuel pump, which is only pushing 21-24psi of fuel, so it's on it's way out.

I'm just wondering if the Walbro 255(link) will be overkill on my current setup?
What about the "255lph High Pressure"(link) that I see so much of?

I plan to go turbo'ed in the future(as my sig says), but i need something now, but didnt know if the motor will drown or something b/c of the extra fuel pressure?

Thanks
-Andrew

Last edited:
We'll I got mine out today. I needed to drain the tank of it's gas anyway. (3/4 full of "87" octane..... i have 11.5:1 compression.... just doesn't mix... heh)

I'm planning on upgrading my FPR soon anyway with an AEM one, but as long as my stock one will work semi-temporarily.... I'll be happy.

Yes it was a pain in the ass to get out.

There loud huh? o well.. at least I won't have to strain to hear if it's coming on!! haha

Thanks fellas.
-Andrew

:)

They're actually not that loud- they get loud after you've been running hard, but at idle when you just start up they just make a bit of a louder hum than stock.

Cool beans
I'll let you guys know how it goes!

hey guys, I've got a pretty important question..

do I need to manually prime the new pump?
or do i just drop it in and thats it?

I've never touched fuel pumps before, so i don't know, but I'd imagine i need to prep it somehow...

just checking.
-Andrew

Back