WalMart sells helmets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Me and a friend were going through walmart and i guess they sell helmets now. They are for a motorcycle, but do those have the same safety standards as driving ones? They have Bell ones for on road and off road. for the on road they have 3 different styles too. Think they are worth it? We want a couple to take his car to the drags on friday nights

Here's The Link

if the helmet isn't Snell 2000 approved then don't bother buying it. you won't be able to use it at the track. and if they are , well I'd wait till next year to get a Snell 2005 approved helmet.

I see that they are DOT approved, for about $80 from helmetcity.com you can buy a Snell approved helmet.

wow, i'm impressed

they look better than i thought they would... but looks matter not when your head meets pavement...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 21 2004, 02:25 PM
wow, i'm impressed

they look better than i thought they would... but looks matter not when your head meets pavement...
[post=435427]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup, as long as its safe i dont give a fuck its pink with purple polka dots, ill wear it

Not really, but I'd atleast paint it flat black cause Flat black is the baddest color ever

Bell used to be the Motorcycle and Bicycle helmet to own, if you were not wearing a Bell a you were putting your life on the line. Now there are companies like Shoei and Arai that are making some seriously nice helmets out there, that are safe and aerodynamic. I would check out to see if the bell helmet is Snell apporved, and if it is I would go with it. My first auto-x helmet was a Bell, too bad it got stolen, I liked the color of it.

yeah i mainly jsut want something cheap, caus its not really my car, i just wanna ride along. I wont have a car to race until atleast a year from now anyways

arai = way, way too much money.

HJC = where it's at for moderately priced helmets. Even though most of them do in fact look exactly the same.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 21 2004, 07:37 PM
those look like kid helments...
[post=435602]Quoted post[/post]​

No, tried them on myself, actually pretty nice inside

Those helmets seemed to only be DOT approved, not Snell rated. Your brain is important to protect. I would only wear a Snell rated helmet. Things don't go wrong very often at auto events, but when they do, they tend to be a major event. Don't take any chances.

Back