wan to add turbo b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vic559

Hi. I need some advice . I just got a 99 civic si b16a2 engine its stock. I want to add turbo. I want to buy the parts like turbocharger, intercooler.ect... and put it together. can someone give me a list of what I need to buy? also can I put it in my stock engine? what is the psi you guys think I can put on the stock engine? please help. thanks

Piecing together a kit is very time consuming, and it can be a headache at times as well. It sometiems can save you money if you do things right, but if you have the $$ you might as well just start off buying a turbo kit, so that way you can see what all you need, and your next setup you can go custom :)

if you have any questions e-mail me:

tyson@genxperformance.net
aim:vtec92civic

I just want some help. has anyone built their own turbo kit? if so what parts would you need>? Im doing this to save some money. I know some what about the engines but i never have built a turbo kit.

just to name a few parts....

turbo, manifold, piping, hose connectors, downpipe, oil feed line, oil return line, wastegate, boost guage, a/f guage, need to get the piping custom fit/bended to your car, intercooler, fuel management device (hondata, blue box plus wiring diagram for obd2 cars, (v)afc hack, fmu to name a few) wire to extend your o2 sensor, unless your downpipe has a bung in it....

where are you getting the oil from? oil pan? head?

dont forget the bov, if you get the hks ssq you will need to purchase the flange seperately for an additional 40.00, need to weld the bov onto the charge pipe, small hoses and a few plastic "T"'s, tap your oil pan in the right place, need some sort of flange to connect oil return line to oil pan...

now onto the supplies, shit load of tools, car jack, car stands, electrical tape, wire cutters, i forget the rest....

its alot of work...

preperation and the actual install.

Back