1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want Ls/Vtec

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by gsrjunkie, Feb 17, 2005.

1. gsrjunkie

gsrjunkie Junior Member

I have a 99 si and i wanna make it an ls/vtec i know i need b18a/b right? Is there anything else i need if so let me know n where can i get it and where can i get the block and is this a difficult swap? I would apreciate your help.

2. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

i think you should do some more research on this. there is a how to on this site you can find, this isnt a simple switch of the block and your done.

3. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

you are going to do some research but here is what you need so far, you have the vtec that is a plus, you are going to need a b18b block or if you could get a b18c1/5 block even better. if you get the b18b you are going to need the kit for the oil and there is a plug that you are going to have to remove, you are going to need a new head gasket, replace the flywheel clutch and then put the trans on and that is about it but do more reseach because there is alot to do ok man

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29827

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33559

those should help you out

4. gsrjunkie

gsrjunkie Junior Member

Thanks for your input and help with the sites but do u also know where i can get one of those blocks please let me know

5. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

6. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

Here is another good site with a couple LS/vtec information

C-speedracing

7. CarAudiophile

CarAudiophile Senior Member

8. 98civic4door

98civic4door Junior Member

I know this is a old thread and I am sorry to pull it from the dead but with the combo on you build up I was thinking it would put more power to the ground.I am about to install a ls/vtec into a ek and wanted to know what you guys thought of the setup

The block and tranny has about 90,000 miles on it. It is mated with a 2nd gen B16 VTEC head that has around 70,000 miles. The VTEC oil galley has already been blocked off. The tranny is a cable transmission. The exhaust ports have been ported.B18B bottom end with als tranny

9. formby

formby learning in progress

10. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Why is this is hybrid?

moved

11. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

Not much of a setup really. You should also have the GSR/ITR water pump, oil pump, timing belt, b16 pistons (not necessary, but a good idea because LS pistons don't have valve reliefs [sp?] and you will want those if you are milling the head or using big cams), arp rod and head bolts, a VTEC tranny (again not REALLY needed, but you will fall out of VTEC on every shift without one) and depending on the model of EK, possibly an ECU. Of course if you do use the B16 pistons then you will also need bigger injectors and some sort of tuning device ie. V-afc, hondata, AEM ems, motec, etc....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted