Want to Build a Tubro B series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrowNKiD

Supose that money is not an issue... Which motor is better for bosting... b18c5 or B18c1... i want a b18c5 jus cause of the name but wondering if b18c1 is better 4 boost? Im not planning on boosting it as soon as i get it... maybe like a year after...
REMEMBER MONEY IS NOT INCLUDED IN UR DISCISION

you didn't need to post this twice, theyre gonna flame the shit outta u anyway, but like i said since you want the name ebay sells type r stickers, z6 heads, and a machine shop will restamp ur block, only if you paypal me a couple benjamins though.

if money is no issue then it makes no diffrence

type r, c5, is the same as a c1 except for higher compression ratio, beefier cams, and a better flowing head...

a real turbo motor should run low compression, therefore the c5 would be rebuilt and sleeved plus low comp pistons

but the c1 could get a head job plus beefier cams

basically, given enough money a c5 can be made into a c1 and a c1 can be made into a c5...

If its going in an OBD0 car: B20z block, sleaved, 9.5:1 pistons, b16 obd0 head
If its going in an OBD1/2 car: B20z blcok, sleaved, 9.5:1 pistons, Type R head

these are both cheaper than a whole type R swap, and cheaper than a GSR with head work.

fuck b20 blocks. once you're SLEEVED, you can hit the 84mm bore anyway.
the b20 block has no girlde nor oil squiters. chosing it is NOT a godo choice for someone with a fat wallet, which is what he wants... NO budget.

Frankly, if you have 0 budget and can afford to spend 20 grand on just the motor build, screw both your options.

Get a Dart B-series block with a deckplate. 2.1L b-series all day.
but, its 2200 bucks for just a block CASTING.

I locked your other thread, since this one has more information in it and is in the right place.

If you want to run in sanctioned races, I would advise against the DART block. Not all the sanctioning bodies allow aftermarket blocks. A resleeved Honda block will pass at any race- a DART block will not. If you're just going to build something for yourself and money really isn't an object- get the DART block and run a 2.2L B series with a ton of boost.

Back