Want to rewire 91 CRX speakers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I was wanting to rewire the speakers in my 91 cause they are cracking out. Ive already changed the speakers, but when I looked to see where the wires went, I couldnt tell after they made it into the car.

Do the speaker wires go straight to the head unit? or do they pass through a fuse of any sort?

What would be a relatively simple way to rewire? I was thinking of diconnecting the wires that were there pulling them out and just rewiring on a different path that was simpler than the current one.

don't bother removing the stock wires, just be sure they are disconnected...

i am willing to bet the cracking is not from the stock wires, but thats your call...

i would run them straight from the head unit, under the dash, and through to the doors right by the stock wires...

I just go tnew speakers not to long ago, and a few days later, one was going in and out, just as that same location had done with the old speaker. I asked about it before and wiring is what was suggested to me.

Do the wires go directly from the head unit to the speakers? I have no amp. Havent done this before so im just making sure I wont be jumping some important connection.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 29 2005, 01:05 PM
don't bother removing the stock wires, just be sure they are disconnected...
would run them straight from the head unit, under the dash, and through to the doors right by the stock wires...
[post=493067]Quoted post[/post]​

thats all I did on my crx, for the front and rears

yes, direct from head unit to speakers...

watch for places the wires will bind and possibly get cut, such as the door jam...

Back