Want To Turbo A D15

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turboman200

i have a 92 honda civic lx i already have a t3 turbo i was wondering if it is worth turbocharging this engine with low boost or should i get a differnt engine and how much boost could i run any questions just ask :spin:

Well, if you have the money I would just get an ls and go turbo. I am personally putting on an IHI T3 on my D16 right now and i will run about 8lbs of boost and a 50 shot of spray. I don't see anything wrong with boosting a D15 expept they are not built with very strong internals. I am running just a 50 shot of spray and I need new piston rings already, but I have put probably 12 bottles through my engine.

If you want to boost the D15, I would say lower your compression, put forged pistons and rods in it and boost the hell out of it. The lower the compression the more boost you can run.

BTW. I have stock internals but I am still going to boost that. I have a friend with the same engine as I do and he runs 6psi of boost and has had the turbo for a year now. With no real problems.

Thats just my two cents.

-Chris

thanks for the info do u know about how much horse power i would get out it with stock internals i plan to build my header this weekend so i can put my turbo on for next week to go racing.I plan to in the near future to put forged pistons and rods but not for now is there anything els i need to know that i have to change or that i should get to do the job like fuel and timming.
jesse :spin:

No offense, but a grammer check, and some periods would be nice.

It never ceases to amaze me how long some people make their sentences. :blink:

I agree, it would be cheaper and easier to swap in an LS motor. You would have more Hp and TQ than a turbo d15 (with stock internals anyway)And you could turbo charge that motor down the road and OWN just about every ricer in your town. :woo:

no i dont have a FMU im not too sure on what that is im kinda new to this import thing.iv been working on my camaro but it got to boring for me. :spin:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 17 2003, 09:56 PM
turboing your d15 is like putting a gas motor on a scooter. No matter how much faster you make it, it's still slow.

:werd:
:withstupid:

Back