want zc in eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dakota812

i have a 91 ef si with dohc zc in it with the si tranny and want to put it in my 93 eg si which currently has d15z1 in it and i cant find anything on it. any help?

putting the ZC in won't be much of a problem, however, you will need to use the EG transmission

yes the EG si. All 92+ civics had hydraulic clutches on the the trans. 88-91 civic's had cable operated clutches, so it'll be much easier to use the EG hydro clutch trans then to use the 91 zc trans. You will still have to deal with the OBD issues though.

yeah i know about the trannies bein hydro and cable i just know that there is a way to do it without switchin everything and the obd thing i dont necessarily have to switch it right?

Putting the ZC into the Eg is possible but not very simple. The Eg and is D15 is OBD1 the ZC is OBD0. This makes for some interesting wiring and ecu setups. The hardes thing is that the ZC is JDM and it is hard to find wirng diagrams for it. I would get a Z6 head and swap it over to Vtec or get the JDM Vtec ZC motor, its rated at 140hp. These are much better options and are quite cheap to do.

Back