WANTED: Toyota Truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
Im looking to get a 88, 89-91, something like that. I dont have too many requirements for:

1. MUST be 4x4.

2. MUST be fuel injected

3. 5 speed

4. good body, good condition, must run good.

Im flexible on appearance if the thing run mint. Im not looking for a project, just something under $2500 that i can drive for a couple years and not worry about. So if anyone has one or knows of one, preferably in the CT area (i am willing to drive if its good enough) please let me know. thanks

-Chris

the vehicle im selling meets 3 outta 4 of those requirements.

cmon chris, buy the 240sx! you already know what it looks like. :lol:

Dude, good luck trying to find a toyota pick up from that Gen in good condition...Those things ARE VICTIMS of BODY CANCER 9 out of 10 times if not 10 out of 10...Rust Likes Toyota Metal.... :bash:

yea, my dad had 3 of those... 2 of them the frame rusted out between the bed and the cab. the others' motor died after 160k miles.

;) My father had one too...never took care of it..never gave it tune ups or oil changes....its body started rusting at about 200,000 miles bad enough to notice...and the motor was still strong but slowly dying at 275,000 before he sold it...remember ..it never got a regular oil change or anthing.....and it lived beyond 275,000 miles.....thats luck <_<

thats actually american metal believe it or not. we sold it to the japanese back in the day, thinking we were hot shit selling them all our scrap metal. and then the japs one-uped us by turning it into body panels, and selling it right back to us. looks like the joke was on america there, props to japan for the good thinking though.

anyways, as much as i would like to have the 240, it kinda lacks in the 4x4 and snow/hauling capability. sorry bro.

Ive actually found about 6 real nice ones so far, but everytime i call, they are already sold. i should grabbed the first one i looked at right then and there, but by the time i called the next day, it was gone.

oh well, hey, id take an early 90's Nissan if someone has one of those too...

-Chris

pathfinders are the shit. its one of the 2 suv's i would buy.

well, if you change your mind - ive been driving the 240 most of the winter. its not too bad and it goes almost as many places as the mirage does.

if you want to steal it for a week and check it out, just leave me something to drive. :D

You guys are bad mouthing toyota trucks? How dare you all.

My old man had a 1985 SR5 4x4 for 17 years, didn't rust a drop, and we live in washington, no salt though. It had 210k when we sold it, we rebuilt the motor at 200k because it was a daily driver, and it was blowing smoke, and yeah, we just didn't feel like putting in oil 1x a week. My uncle still owns it, and yes its running strong as ever, nothing has gone out, just routine maintenance, and yes it goes very far offroad for 2inch body lift and rancho's and 32.5's.

That's why I'm going to be buying a 1987, yes no straight axle, but its already lifted, and only has 80k for 4300.

I say keep looking, they're awesome 4x4 trucks, and if you treat them nice, will treat you nice too.

The reason why they rust is because when the japs melted down the scrap metal into molten they didnt burn it hot or long enough in order to burn out all the rust so in actuallity they were selling brand new vehicles off the showroom floor with rust in them. Thats why as soon as they were exposed to moisture and salt they would rust so quick. None the less they are great trucks i owned an 86 that i lifted and shit and i loved it.Now I have an 86 4runner that im currently rebuilding the motor for and gonna repaint and sell in the spring. If u still need one then ill let u know when im selling it. Oh ya and 86 was the best yr for frames as far as not rusting :D

I know this doesn't fit some of your requirements but:
1994 Toyota Pickup
150XXX miles
no mechanical defects
automatic

i can make it from Houston,TX to Dallas Tx and back with only $22 of gas still have a little bit left over

if this thread is still active i live in dayton Ohio and you want to buy my truck. It is 4x4, 5spd, it does have a little rust, because it is, well, ohio... but the buys have rebuild the engine then to test it out they took it off roading and drove the dog piss out of it. you can have it for a grand (talk me down.) we seriously need to get rid of this, we moved into an apartment and don't have room for it and it's swamper tires, and i need to buy a new CRX... E-mail me back at restridge@student.cscc.edu

What about something like this? It's up in Boston.
1987 Nissan V6 4x4 extra cab pick-up...power windows, flip up sunroof, NO rust, cd player, aluminum matching cap, really great condition..car is from Oregon its whole life...I am a recent second owner...200K miles, high miles but runs great...............
$1800

Back