Washers on the Head studs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poops87

if i don't use head stud washers what could enevitably happen

Why would you do that? Don't know for 100% but may affect your torque readings. Also, it may not clamp the head down as well. Honda uses them for a reason.

why even bother not using it? fucking ignorant question. if you are using arp studs, the washers are like $00.12 each

^That's basically what I was saying but in a nicer way. What do you mean, you don't have room? :huh:

are you trying to use ARP head studs for a VW in a DOHC ZC? too short - you need: Part # ARP 141-4204, same as Dodge Neon SRT-4

Quoted post[/post]]
^That's basically what I was saying but in a nicer way. What do you mean, you don't have room? :huh:
Yeah i have the washers but there wasn't enough length and it wont mess up the readings that all the same i was more worried about the ability of breakage a sheering of the aluminum

i have heard other people use the same thing without washers and still have no problems with torque readings and head sealing problems

by the brian nice going keeping the forum nice and cordial you don't have rub shit in peoples faces if they don't know or are ignorant and i suggest you do some research before you reply to someones questions

Saying that you don't have enough length to put washers on leads me to believe that you have been sold the wrong studs like jlicrx said. I would look into that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Saying that you don't have enough length to put washers on leads me to believe that you have been sold the wrong studs like jlicrx said. I would look into that.

nope i am pretty sure they are the right ones thread size and length (of the stock 6.5 X 11 MM) but you just don't use the washers and were and are sold by ARP as the 204-4207 VW 1.8 liter but also say applications in ZC honda engines (JLIcrx is probably right the neon srt-4 are probably better though) too late now yeah if it fucks me over oh well (i love working on my Engine) Two Lower end rebuilds and 1 Head rebuild i just learn more and more everytime i fuck somthing up like they say its just one solution i won't do next time and learn (very expensive ) but i will still learn.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

nope i am pretty sure they are the right ones thread size and length (of the stock 6.5 X 11 MM) but you just don't use the washers and were and are sold by ARP as the 204-4207 VW 1.8 liter but also say applications in ZC honda engines (JLIcrx is probably right the neon srt-4 are probably better though) too late now yeah if it fucks me over oh well (i love working on my Engine) Two Lower end rebuilds and 1 Head rebuild i just learn more and more everytime i fuck somthing up like they say its just one solution i won't do next time and learn (very expensive ) but i will still learn.
I hate learning things the hard way. Can get expensive at times(as it appears, you very well know that). The good thing is you will never forget those lessons. Best thing to do is to not rush and research as much as possible.
:huh: Now if I can only remember my own advice...

Back