water temp sleeve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys I just bought a sleeve for my radiator hose so I can put in my water temp gauge. and I was wondering, should I put it pre-block or post? Like should I put it on the upper or lower radiator house? I know it's not going to be 100% accurate but my stock one on my gauge cluster will always shoot way up past red when I'm driving (mainly on the highway) but when I get off or even step on the break it'll drop down to about where it's supposed to but when I start driving again it'll do the same thing.

thanks guys

I need to try this solution as well, my temp gaige doe the same thing and also does it when im using excess like headlights etc. Im not sure where to place it, if i find out ill let you know. Where did you find the sleeve and do you have a picture?

the stock temp sensor is on the 'upper' hose going into the head, so that is the logical place.

Attachments

• tempsender.jpg
    tempsender.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 428
the stock temp sensor is on the 'upper' hose going into the head, so that is the logical place.

I have "Universal" Sunpro water temp gauge.. and the only place i can think to put the sensor is the hose adapter pipe hes talking about. The Sensor wont fit in any other sensor holes in the head, and the size thread/diameter is smaller then the sensor on the thermostat housing..

Just saying..

Back