way to slow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffsciv23

i have a 99 ex and it is slow as all hell to get started. i have a turbo kit that i will be putting on pretty soon but for now i'm just looking for something that will make it get up quicker. my clutch is barely there so that could be a problem, but i'm getting an ACT clutch and flywheel at the end of the month. maybe that would help a little. would lighter rims help? does anybody have any suggestions besides motor swap?

if your clutch is slipping to all hell, then that would be your problem, and if its slipping bad then you better get it fixed before you find yourself stranded on the side of the road cause your clutch burned up.

get a performance intake & exhaust. i would suggest a header, but once you go turbo, you'd have to kiss it goodbye.

well, if you want to go on that thinking-
chances are the exahust will be too small, and the intake gets replaced with the charge pipe.

well for faster acceleration look toward the ACT prolite flywheel ( only 8.8 pds) which is alot better than stock , and you can always throw all 3 UP's on as well - which is all less rotational mass

just got my ACT clutch and prolite flywheel today. does the UP's work? i've heard somebody on another board say that they aren't worth a shit, are they just stupid?

underdrive pulleys are great
great at fucking up your engine
great at fucking up components that they underdrive
great at getting fid of that few hundred extra dollars that you were going to wipe your ass with anyway

(incase you dont catch the sarcasm in this post)
plain and simply they are a waste of money and end up costing MUCH more than the original purchace price

Back