weight differences

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Here's a question I could have googled and spent an hour tryin to find a decent website with the specific info i was lookin for... and I also looked in the reference but didn't see anything... but... what are the weights of the EG hatches and what are the weights of the EK hatches?

reason being if I get an EK hatch and it's 200 lbs more than an EG, thats a second off my ET with my built motor. I'm startin to like EG hatches more and more (just bought an SiR-II on GT3.)

Ok I went through all the hatches from 1992-2000 and eliminated all the automatics, then went through each year and eliminated the 2 heaviest, then I went through and eliminated the rest until I came down to 5 hatches which all are the same weight. Go figure, they were all EGs. Four VX models and one CX model... low and behold, the 5 lightest Civic Hatchbacks in Honda's 1992-2000 lineup.

1992 Honda Civic CX HB MT 2094
1992 Honda Civic VX HB MT 2094
1993 Honda Civic VX HB MT 2094
1994 Honda Civic VX HB MT 2094
1995 Honda Civic VX HB MT 2094

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 8 2004, 12:34 PM
where'd the rave emoticon go???

rave emoticon sucked (it was fucking HUGE)
so its gone

s402693fe5cc85.jpg

<_<

oh and :postwhore: :beat:

:)

200 pounds is not going to drop off your e.t. by a whole second. According to the car weight guide civicuos 4 door weighs less than my hatch. Kind of weird.

Originally posted by Knives@Feb 9 2004, 08:13 AM
200 pounds is not going to drop off your e.t. by a whole second. According to the car weight guide civicuos 4 door weighs less than my hatch. Kind of weird.

wow by a whopping 24 pounds. big differnce there, 200 pounds makes more of a difference than 24.

:werd:

that, and my car weighs more than a hatch....

and isnt the general rule 100lbs = 1/10th of a second? 2 tenths of a second is a lot, dude....the difference between winning and losing....

i live my life a quarter mile at a time..........

Autotrader has all of the weights or almost all vehicles. Just click on the "Compare Cars" link and you can compare up to 4 cars at one time! It will even show you the differences between the sub-models IE: DX, LX, EX, etc.

psh...who doesnt know that?

dx = power nothing, no tach, no vtec

lx = power windows/locks, tach, no vtec

ex = power everything, sunroof, tach, vtec

almost forgot:

hx = holy wrong fucking car to pick batman!

Back