weird ass grinding noises from the integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

whenever i turn the wheel to the right at any considerable speed (i.e. above 10mph) i get the most terrible grinding noise- I have no idea where to even start- please help

bad cv joint is more of a constant POP POP POP POP POP but yea that sounds like cv joint, to know for sure take off your tire and check the boot. also another way to check if it is the cv joint, get goin a bit (20 mph) then throw it in neutral and turn whichever way it grinds at, if it still grinds its not the cv joints. cv joints only make noise when the tires are recieving power.

thanks boys, yeah when the CV joint went on my old subaru it made a po popopopop kinda noise- but you're right about the neutral test- When i'm turning the wheel to the right and put the clutch in, the grinding noise goes away

could be a sterring pump problem did you check the powersteerin fluid level could be low thatll do it too... i know someone who ran over a garbage bag and when he turned it did the samething i doubt thatts whats wronge but hey its funny

Originally posted by iluvepills1985@Dec 1 2003, 01:04 PM
could be a sterring pump problem did you check the powersteerin fluid level could be low thatll do it too... i know someone who ran over a garbage bag and when he turned it did the samething i doubt thatts whats wronge but hey its funny

Why would the Power Steering system POP? Hmmm...

the power steering pump would make more of a whineing sound when turning the wheel mostly noticable when stopped

yeah it's def. not the power steering pump- it's be an axle or in the tranny- so i'll pray i'm lucky and throw in a new axle

well dude said it made a whinnin noise when he turned not a poppin noise every time ive ever heard that noise it ws something to do with the powersteering

i said grinding- but thanks for the trying anyway- i appreciate any suggestions, because i really don't feel like buying an axle but i guess that's is the solution huh

Back