weird CEL problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
ok got a weird one here.....

my car has a cel on but when the vtec crossover occurs it instantly turns off. as the rpms fall below the crossover point it turns right back on. i have tried to check the codes. when i jump the 2 wire connector under the dash the cel just stays on. it never flashes any codes no matter what i do. i have reset the ecu by unplugging the fuse under the hood and still the same thing. it seems like there may be a grounding issue or something but i dont know??? any ideas on where to look? :confused:

humm.. thats a new one. I would say your problem is in your ecu, If you have a buddy that has the same ecu try theres and to see if it solves the problem

wanted to post an update on this one...

it turned out to not be in the ecu, as it was doing the same thing with a stock p28. however, it did eventually start throwing a code 22 (vtec pressure switch). found that the plug on it was broken and didnt plug tightly. messed with it, reset the ecu and i have no more codes and no more weird cel. i still cant explain exactly why the cel was turning off when i went into vtec, but i guess it was just a bad connection all along.

Back