Weird ECU Code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 23 2002, 02:00 AM
reisistor box good?

Yep, i've tried 3 Accord resistor boxes and an 89 civic. Made no diffrence.

Well, i am proud to announce that 90% of the issues are now solved. The ruff idle & super rich mixture is now FIXED! Turns out that the 1st gen B16 motor does NOT have the map sensor located at the throttle body like 2nd gens. My Map sensor is located on the right side fender inside a black box, formaly know as the "mystery box" with a bunch of vacume hoses. One of those hoses will plug up to one of the throttle body's niple to create the correct amount of vacuum for the map.

The motor idles like a baby now! :)

The ecu "no blink" and 3000 rpm limit still remains the same. :(

This is the MAP sensor box.
15133922-54e7-028001E0-.jpg

The 10% is the 3000 rpm rev limit and code 0.
--------

Update:
Santa fixed my code 0 and 3000 rpm rev limit on 12-24-2002 all the way to 12-25-2002. It worked fine with both ecu's, the codes were gone and it reved past 8000 rpm just fine, till today! The code came back :(
Don't know! Total mystery :dunno:
I didn't do a thing!
At least this tells me that both ecu's are good and that the problem is elsewhere.

Ha!
I just finished checking grounds!!!
Pin A6 on the plug does not have ground.
A2, A4 are fine, both have grounds. What should i do about A6? Just find any ground on the chassis?

If it's supposed to go to ground, then yes, you can find a good chassis ground for it. You could also run it to the same ground that A2 and A4 go to.

The car is now 100% FIXED!!!!!
1- I found the A6 connector not grounded, so i grounded it.
2- I found the Speed Sensor wire on my original Accord harness going to Connector plug B18. The PR3 has the input pin located in B16. All i had to do was swap the wire from B18 to B16 and Voila! No more error code and no more problems.

Runs like a champ, vtec and all! :)

Back