weird starting issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LST REX

ok i have a 90 crx with a b18a in it. still wired as obdo. The swap runs very strong and nothing leaks. Only code its giving is the IAC valve. Now my question is why is my car not wanting to start after a long drive? I drove it around all day the other day, beat the crap out of it, then parked it. Got thirsty so i went to take it out to get something to drink and it wouldnt start.

It cranks but just doesnt start. Now i left it alone one night and said I will mess around with it in the morning. I thought it had been a dizzy issue so i have another dizzy. Morning comes along and I decided to just put the key in and try starting it one more time before i swap dizzy's and boom it starts right up????

Anyone else ever have this issue? It just seems like after a long drive or after i get on it, the sucker wont start. let me know what you think.

charlie

could be you main relay, take it apart and inspect the solder. if it looks in rough shape, re solder it and hopefully that fixes your problem.

it controls power to the ecu, and fuel pump. if it was bad, your car would turn over, but you wouldnt get any spark or fuel, try turning it over and have a buddy check for you.

hey thanks.....learn something new everyday. I took it out....smells a lil burnt and rough too. I will see what i can do about replacing it.

Charlie

Back