well since i have to build my engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i have a b18b block that the pistons is shot and i need to get the sleeves done but i have the crank i was wondering if i can use my b18 crank on my b16 build up will it give me more torque or should i just keep the b16 crank? also what else do i need for my block build i got the pistons and the rods and i got the rings and i got the rod bearings do i need anything else? thanks guys

You can't use the B18 crank in the B16A block unless you get really short custom rods and/or really short compression height pistons- otherwise your pistons will slam into the head. The B16A block is physically shorter than the B18 blocks. Now if you were talking about a B16B, you could use the B18 crank.

ok kool thanks for the heads up is there something i should look to so i can get more torque out my b16 or am i lost for torque and just getting more horse power? also being that this is going to be my first time doing an engine build i was wondering what else i need i have the rods coming i have the piston rings (new) rod bearings, wrist pin is there anything i am missing?

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Sep 14 2004, 11:34 PM
ok kool thanks for the heads up is there something i should look to so i can get more torque out my b16 or am i lost for torque and just getting more horse power? also being that this is going to be my first time doing an engine build i was wondering what else i need i have the rods coming i have the piston rings (new) rod bearings, wrist pin is there anything i am missing?
[post=390447]Quoted post[/post]​

Check your Helms manual for the rebuild parts list. It'll be better than what someone can tell you on the forum off the top of their head.

As for more torque- increase your compression.

i got the helms already i just wanted to make sure but since i have to rebuild the block should i get new pistons or something else i want to get some more horse power let me know

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 15 2004, 06:13 AM
How much did you want for that block and crank again, pm me with the details of it again.
[post=390518]Quoted post[/post]​

which block my b18b block?
no clue make and offer and if you know a shipping method let me know

Originally posted by Calesta+Sep 15 2004, 05:19 AM-->
mrnice1058
@Sep 14 2004, 11:34 PM
ok kool thanks for the heads up is there something i should look to so i can get more torque out my b16 or am i lost for torque and just getting more horse power? also being that this is going to be my first time doing an engine build i was wondering what else i need i have the rods coming i have the piston rings (new) rod bearings, wrist pin  is there anything i am missing?
[post=390447]Quoted post[/post]​

Check your Helms manual for the rebuild parts list. It'll be better than what someone can tell you on the forum off the top of their head.

As for more torque- increase your compression.
[post=390534]Quoted post[/post]​

You could also sleeve and bore to 85mm, more displacement will get you more torque.

well for sleeving i might as well build my ls block and work on thati am just going to go stock on the internals for now and build the ls block later

Back