Well, the beater is dead...Need a new one

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy

Blah blah blah....
I awoke to my phone ringing several times this morning, after not going to bed until about 530 AM (finals week). It was my girlfriend, and she informed me that she flipped my car twice on the highway the other night. From what she told me, she was reaching for her cell phone car charger, and looked down and grabbed it, looked back up, and the car was getting into the center divider. She tried to correct, overcorrected, and from there the mushy mazda 626 suspension and weight took over. Rolled it twice on the side of the freeway, but thank God noone was involved, and she got out of the car without an injury. I am sure there were angels watching over her last night. So basically I am 100% sure the car is going too be totaled out, so if anyone needs an engine for an 89 626, mx6, or ford probe of the same year, let me know. The top was pretty much crushed around the A-pillar, I am sure there is a lot more damage, but I haven't seen it yet, and will have to wait until after my 6 hours of final exams and 5 hours of work is done today. I am just glad she is wasn't hurt. F big cushy cars. I'm getting her a rex. If anyone has a rex shell in cali that they want to get rid of for super cheap, let me know. All I have now that works is my cbr. Thanks everyone.

Shame, I actually have some respect for the 86-89 626. Glad to hear she's ok.

If I Ever got a call like that I would simply fall over dead. My heart would stop, my brain would sizzle. Seriously, scariest thing I could imagine.

-> Steve

I didn't even care about the car, I basically got it for free; there was a crack in the windshield, and the clutch was on its last leg. I was seriously just trying to calm her down on the phone. 3 hours of sleep, and I was FULLY awake. So hopefully, it won't filter down to my insurance for any reason, as there was no one else involved, and no injuries.

Wow- yeah, at least she's ok. You can buy my CRX shell if you want- but shipping will cost more than the car. $300?

:lol:

thats a good reason why car manufacturers should make their car have good suspension...it is also a safety device and can help you in autoX.

glad to hear shes ok.

I'm glad your girls ok, and i'd have to say, you're taking it quite well. Good luck with everything.

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Jun 9 2004, 11:11 AM
Glad to hear she's ok. I can't even imagine what it must feel like being in a car that flips twice :blink:

been there. 80 mph twin roll in my civic. it sucks. :(

Back