welp, i got a new system

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
my amd 1800+ has had its hayday... time to upgrade. :)

found a good deal on honda-tech that i couldn't pass up.

Coolermaster Case
500W X-Connect Power Supply
Soyo Dragon Ultra Black Label Motherboard
AMD 2800+ 64
1.5GB PC3200 Ram (Crucial)
PNY Geforce 6800GT 256MB
200GB Sata Hard Drive
80GB IDE Hard Drive
16X Dual Layer DVD Writer (NEC)
52X Cd/RW (Lite-on)
2 Network Cards
56K Modem
Floppy
MS Silver/Black Keyboard
MS Silver/Black Optical 5 button Mouse

also picked up a daul 17" monitor setup with it.
2 17" CTX LCD Monitors

all for 1200 bucks shipped :)

the monitors alone are 500 bucks for the pair, so i think i got a pretty good deal.

he's leaving win2k on there, office2k3, photoshopCs, etc etc... and some mp3's and dvd rips that he had on there. hehe :)

so, yeah, thats what i got.

i'll probably be selling my current system if anyone is interested-- maybe part it out. i dunno.

Damn y0, that's a steal.

I wish I had the patience to DL the 64bit Linux, I have tried, but never seemed finish.

yeah, i don't know if im ready to run linux just yet.... maybe i'll keep my old system and fuck around with it some...

and as for those of you are are going to say damn y0 where do you get this money from...

to make a long story short, i returned my dell 42" plasma tv. it broke on me a 2nd time. dell asid they would send me another, but that would be it, and my warranty would be null and void. i basically told them to go fuck themseleves and to take the POS back.

so, don't buy a dell tv if you plan to use the HDMI channel. there's keeps frying on me, and kills the remote functionality, sleep timer, and of course, the hdmi chaneel is fubar. twice, two different tv's.

so, im getting 3k back from that. 1200 goes to this.

and im back to my 20" pos goldstar from 1985. lol

i think im going to score a DLP lcd for like 1500 or something... i dunno... thats later on. they havne't picked up the dell yet, nor called to make the appointment, so i will still have something for a little bit longer.

here's the actual system...

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

here's the board (generic pics)
SY-KBUSA.jpg

http://www.soyo.com.tw/products/proddesc.php?id=274

monitors
24-103-189-08.JPG

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp...N82E16824103189

i probably won't be selling hte hard drives... i tend to keep them :p

ram, i have a 512 stick, and an asus board.
i'll throw in a case/power supply/ some other random crap for ya too if you want the majority of the box.

Back