went to buy a coffee table..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

like it says.. went out to buy a coffee table set (when your engaged/married you'll understand). Ended up buying a new nissan xterra.

non of the cars on my list but i got it for a SWEEET deal lol 1% finance ;) pays to have good credit i suppose. Plus they paid off the jeep which was worth 3 grand less than i owed. Damn domestics.

So i'll have pictures up soon. This is as close as i can find.. pretty much it, just not mine

iC602935.jpg

The way it works is the gf wanted the coffee table however they had no way of getting it from the store to his house therefor he said hey woman lets get a new suv.

=)

lol never did get the coffee table lol im already looking into what can be done to them lol

Originally posted by mdlax1@Mar 12 2005, 09:50 PM
like it says.. went out to buy a coffee table set (when your engaged/married you'll understand). Ended up buying a new nissan xterra.

non of the cars on my list but i got it for a SWEEET deal lol 1% finance ;) pays to have good credit i suppose. Plus they paid off the jeep which was worth 3 grand less than i owed. Damn domestics.

So i'll have pictures up soon. This is as close as i can find.. pretty much it, just not mine

iC602935.jpg

[post=472799]Quoted post[/post]​

it's called negative equity, and everybody who is financing a car has it, even B and his beautiful STi(jealousy inserted here)

There are actually some of use who have positive equity in there vehicles. Its kind of nice to have half of the sticker price of your vehicle paid when it leaves the lot.

Nice buy on the Exterra. One of my friends had one with the Fosgate stereo. Overall it was a sweet SUV. Did you get a 2005 with 265hp and the 6 speed manual?

I had positive equity on my '00 Si when I traded it in

Originally posted by VTEC_CBR@Mar 13 2005, 01:46 AM
it's called negative equity, and everybody who is financing a car has it, even B and his beautiful STi(jealousy inserted here)
[post=472843]Quoted post[/post]​

that's why i bought the Gap insurance :)

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Mar 13 2005, 01:17 PM
B got an STI?
[post=472934]Quoted post[/post]​

where the hell have you been?

no we got the 04 5 speed. We bought gap insurance too.. would have cost me 7 grand if some shit happened lol 450 bucks is cheap over 5 years. Cheep insurance.

werd, ya might as well right? cuz you never know when some douche bag is going to rear end you when you're stopped. (see wrx thread. lol)

gap insurance is the shit, i've been learning alot about that stuff since i started selling cars. I had never heard of it befire, but now will never buy a new car w/out it. However, unfortunately that wouldn't help if you were going to trade it in, because the dealer will appraise it for less that what you owe (in most cases) and the remainder would be paid by you on the financing of the new car. People who don't usually have negative equity are the ones who bought their car(s) for way under blue book, or gave a huge down payment and/or pay much more than their monthly rate. So yes it's possible to have positive equity on a car, but rare.

However, unfortunately that wouldn't help if you were going to trade it in, because the dealer will appraise it for less that what you owe (in most cases) and the remainder would be paid by you on the financing of the new car. People who don't usually have negative equity are the ones who bought their car(s) for way under blue book, or gave a huge down payment and/or pay much more than their monthly rate. So yes it's possible to have positive equity on a car, but rare.

so i guess its better to total it than trade it in... :)

and people that have positive equity in cars usually have positive equity in life as well... lol
and just like pos vs neg in cars, many more people have negative equity in life...

its really amazing how bad your average person is with their money...

as soon as you start thinking of your finances monthly you need help...

well, my CC is x a month, and my rent is X, and my car is X, so i can afford another X monthly payment...
bad news

edit:it also has a lot to do with people buying cars they can't afford, sure on a long enough time line ANY car will fit into anyone's monthly burget... so people wanting a lower monthly payment either put down a bigger down payment, or more commonly take a longer term on the loan... but FMV doesn't get longer terms... the car still depreciates just as fast for someone with a 1 year loan as compared to a 6 year loan... welcome to negative equity-ville

Back