went to the track today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 26 2003, 01:16 AM
96mph's = low 14's with a good 2.2 60' and a good launch. id get some slicks, b/c ur 60' times are way off.

2.3 isnt that far from 2.2. i wouldnt call it way off. i think its decent.

hopefully im going back to the track tomorrow night (or tonight rather 2:15am here) so we will see what happens.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 8 2003, 01:18 AM
of course i had fun, thats the only reason i went, lol

but yea i know i need practice, it was my first time, and im happy with what i turned out with. i think if i cant get consistent r/t's of .0xx and get my 60' under 2.0 then i will be good.

Did you get screwed up at the lights?

Most people get screwed up at the lights their first time (i know i sure will / thats what i have heard).

first off. i think that
My friend has a B16a2 in a 95 Ex coupe and he runs like 14.3 with just bolt-ons and no back seat.
is :bs: does anyone agree with me?
second, when on the light tree are you launching? are you letting off the gas completely when you shift? turn off your lights, stereo, etc. i've even heard of people removing some belts when they are at the track, ie power steering, ac, and alternator stuff. that will help a lot.

you can take off the alternator belt as long as you put it back on. it takes about 30 seconds to remove and reinstall. you are at the track so you don't need to keep the battery charged. plus you can have somebody jump it if it dies.

Originally posted by NoJokE@Oct 12 2003, 05:55 AM
Umm definitely DONT take off the alternator belt

:werd:

That would be stupid no matter what.

In case you didn't know, the alternator recharges the battery, and since he doesn't have a diesel, he needs the spark. ;)

i didn't mean for him to take it off at home, drive to the track, drive to the club and celebrate his 14 second run, then go have sex with his girlfriend and then go home. go to the track with your ratchet, take the fucker off, run your race, and put it back on. no big deal

Ok granted I've never been to the track, but can't you normally run more than once? :)

have you ever had your alternator belt break? i have, it's not that bad, you have quite a bit of time before you car goes dead. you just get a check engine light after like 10 minutes of driving. and yes, you usually get many runs at a track. plus there are many people that will jump you if you are a fucktard and leave your car running for a long time anyways.

A friend of mine has a '93 CX with a B18C1 motor (i think) in it. On one run he actually pitched the alternator belt at half track but still ran a new best of 12.80. You can probably get away without an alternator belt for a couple runs as long as the battery stayed around 13V. If it starts to drop below 10V you'd probably be compromising power with less spark.

a battery will not make 13.0 volts, in and of itself... they make 12.5 volts...

and, a lot of "drag " cars do not runn alternators, they just hook up a charger between runs

of course, being carburated, they don't have the current draw of a more modern EFI, computer cotrolled car..

Work on your leg muscles. Maybe your not pushing the pedal down with all your might. LOL Did you shift fast or did you granny shift? I would take the gears up to 8000rpms every time. As long as you dont hit the rev limiter all day then it shouldnt hurt.

Back