West Coast Customs fined $16,000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Dec 30 2004, 09:57 PM
would you have rather hit the windshield? or slamed your head on the dash?

i was in a accident when my g/f hit a pole. i was not wearing a seatbelt, but i was completely fine. all i remember was me lifting off the seat and going for the windshield and poof i was back in my seat. thankgod for that airbag
[post=439363]Quoted post[/post]​

You weren't wearing your belt?! :slap:

I don't care if I'm just moving my car to another parking spot, I always click that belt.

thats awesome. thats a sign for stupid ass shows as this one not to exist... although the chick with Burb was hot as hell... IMHO

Originally posted by Celerity@Dec 31 2004, 12:02 AM
Pardon me while I touch on a few things.

#1 California isn't a state anymore. I seceeded years ago. Along with New Jersey. And more recently, Ohio.

#2 150 mph hit in a tree ? You're a moron. End of conversation.

I smell shit.

-> Steve
[post=439409]Quoted post[/post]​

smell whatever you want, my buddy was driving. 00 ws6 ta. we were at a agas station going back to my house and my friends drove by, he wanted to fly by them and scare them. we are cruising at about 100 and pass a trooper (turned lights on after he passed)
my friend just said fuck it and hit it. we went down a lil slope in the hill and then its about half a mile to my place. just past my old place was a stop sign where the road ran into a 2 lane with a wide median. well there was 3 cars lined up at the stop sign, so my friend just got in the other lane and we went into the other road sideways. slid across the median and into the other lane, and his tires caught and we went straight through the oncoming lane and hit the shoulder which was real sandy. we then slid through about 20 feet of dirt and grass and was pulling out of it when we hit a tree. ripped all the panels off his side of the car.
i put ~150 meaning up to 150. we have been faster then that in his car, and i know we were well over 100 when we passed the 3 cars at the stoplight. so i figure with all the sliding we decreased some in speed, but we were going damn fast.
caffeind who also posts here was the friend we were trying to catch and he saw us fly past him.
only injury in the whole accident was my broken collarbone from the seatbelt cutting it in half, and im actually wearing the sweatshirt i had on at the time and you can see a line across it where the ink is smeared from the seatbelt.

Again, ill take the dissenting opinion here. Many people in America do not have health insurence. Many people in America drive without Auto insurence. When people get into wrecks without auto or health insurence, they get treated at hospitals anyways. Who picks up the bills when they dont pay? taxpayers. Airbags help to lessen the damage that happens in car crashes, therefore it in the best interests of both taxpayers and the government to ensure that people are the best equipped for wrecks that they can be. I mean techincally its your car, but I havn't heard anyone talking about how dumb it is that you will get fined for not wearing a seat belt.

good point, but we also end up paying more for cars because of "safety features" such as dual front airbags, side airbags, some cars even have them that come down from the top.

all the r&d and implementation of all these safety features raise the cost of the vehicles, so they may lessen our taxes in a minute way, but they also raise the price of the product.

Hahahahahhahahhahahhaa

holy shit batman

first off a fodo doing 150mph even with a B16 is pushing it unless it had a LS tranny even then the drag would make it very hard to hit that.

2nd a transam doing 150MPH that could happen no doubt but living after hitting a tree at 100+ mph is total bull shit unless the tree was small enough to get pushed over and the car slides over top of it.

Any car VS a tree at 150MPH would look like a bunch of random parts laying around shit I bet it would be hard to even find a human body in the mess.

I've worked on both an Audi and trans am. the Audi is built so much stronger/better

weird how you two walked away when this car........

http://www.gougoule.com/crash_audi/

1.jpg

well i dont know what to tell you i guess it also depends on point of impact. we didnt slam into one head on and we didnt slide straight into it.
another 10 feet and we prolly would have pulled out of it, the car was straightening up there just wasnt quite enough room to clear the tree line.

it totalled his car no doubt, ripped of all the body panels on the driver side. my door on the passenger side couldnt open because of how the car bent. we had to climb out of the top. his ttop was blown out and mine was kinda stuck, i had to bust it out.

and once again i add that i put

~150

meaning anywhere up to and towards 150 mph
not exactly 150

ive been posting here for a little over 3 years now and noones ever called bs on me before, i dont see any reason why i should start lying about shit now :p

With an ex I was in a wreck. 93 Honda Civic LX.

We came around a corner at 70ish on wet pavement, on one of those descending corners that makes the car feel light. The ass end came around on me, so I countered. The tires caught traction, but I was pointed at the ditch. So, we hit the ditch at 50ish, which had a driveway crossing. This was a fairly deep ditch, and we jumped the driveway, landing in the ditch on the other side.

She had on her seatbelt, so did I. I had an airbag. The airbag pushed my wrist into the shifter, but no too bad. My neck was slightly stiff from the vertical bounce. My ex hit the seatbelt so hard, it bruised her in a belt formation from her tits to her hip. Her ribs were all bruised up, and she had trouble breathing for a little while.

Airbags may not always work, but in standard wrecks, injuries sustained are definitely much less.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Dec 31 2004, 02:24 AM
first off a fodo doing 150mph even with a B16 is pushing it unless it had a LS tranny even then the drag would make it very hard to hit that.

140mph.jpg

This is the best pic I could find offhand, I don't have many pics left of the FoDo....

This pic was taken when the motor was bone stock with the ITR tranny, it would do 150 at about 8100rpm even then though....and when I wrecked it I had IM, header, injectors, ACT ProLite flywheel, etc....

edit: and before someone says 'That's not a civic, that's a cluster from a GSR!'...
Im000277.jpg

^^i'd be scared shitless to take a pic of the guage cluster going that damn fast...no wonder you wrecked your shit

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Dec 31 2004, 08:44 PM
^^i'd be scared shitless to take a pic of the guage cluster going that damn fast...no wonder you wrecked your shit
[post=439752]Quoted post[/post]​

BAHAHAHA!! :owned:

lol

i remember first time i topped my del sol out, i had a wendy's biggie drink inbetween my legs and a whopper in one hand :p

supposedly my tranny winds out at 152, only register 135, but i had the needle laid all the way down going downhill on I-10

i dont get nervous at all when i drive. never been at fault in a wreck, hell ive never been in a wreck while driving.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Dec 31 2004, 10:44 PM
[post=439752]Quoted post[/post]​

I've never had a high speed wreck...
gallery_27060_160_1104553869.jpg

:ph34r:

I know a tree that got hit by a lancer evo 8, yea lol its new years I cant type, and the kid hit it 100mph and the car was in about a bizillion pieces. he was in the hospital for about a week. the only piece that stayed intact on it, was an apex N1 exhuast on it. he actually sold the exhaust...... everything else went to the scrap yard
so yea 150mph, and only one injury, I dont belive it. Maybe a tree that was small. hit a tree thats the size of a telephone pole or bigger at 150mph in a normal motor vehicle and the car will be smashed to the point that you cant tell what it is, and there WILL be serious injurys. Im a fireman, and Ive seen accidents at 80mph Ive seen them at 10mph, and everywhere in between. most likely the car will be a fireball if you hit a big enough tree at 150mph.
and Ive only had my car(91 integra) to 145mph, it was still going, but I had to slow down to turn off exit on highway. this was at 3:00AM with no cars on the road... thats b4 B16 swap, and with a stock LS engine, and a stock ECU(which taps out about there) the car couldnt go any faster. Now it will, but I wouldnt wanna, 145mph(in a stock car) once was fine for me....

Back