What About The 2003 Accord V6 Engine In 99 Accord?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VuDuDuOnU

can i drop in a 2003 accord v6 six speed in my 99 lx accord auto? i talked to sumone bout this and they said it is possible, but i gotta pay about 800-2g's to add in a clutch, 800-2g's modify my engine bay, and the engine is a bitch.......hahah.......but if you know approximatly how much all this would cost please tell me, and if i need to do more to make this fit please tell me..........need help bad.....

i didnt know they made manual trannys for the accord V-6's. I thought they were all auto.. but if you could pull that off :worthy: it would be nice.

Honda decided to put a six speed manual tranny in the 03 Accord V-6 but that is the optional package.

I would say that would have to be perhaps one of the hardest swaps ever performed on a Honda. I don't think that it would be very cost efficient. You could convert to a manual tranny and turbo charge the car for a lot less. That motor has to be extremely expensive. You would almost be better off selling your 99 and putting a down payment on a 03 V-6 Accord. Just my .02

Peace*

Anyone ever find a place that sells the '03 V-6 & 6-spd tranny? I have a '99 accord 5-spd and that swap would be cool, but it's more weight for the V-6 which would offset handling, plus I agree that engine is probably hella-expensive! Don't know the hp-figures on that motor, but might be better off swapping a type-s H22a with a 5-spd and boosting it to around 250hp. Cost figures would probably be cheaper with the 'lude swap.

Putting a V6 into a 4-cyl chassis isn't easy.

Dropping a K-series engine into a chassis equipped to handle an older Honda engine won't be easy.

You'll spend oodles more cash to get 20 extra horses and a 6-speed (non-LSD) tranny, when you could get a Type-S like mtnbike444 said for much less.

Ya, i was thinking about doing the same thing, with swaping the 2003 v6 6-speed accord engine into my 99 auto accord. Would that be possible, and how much would everything cost, with the tranny and engine and fitting it? Or would it just be cheaper swaping a different engine and then just supercharging it or something... To tell you the truth i don't know too much about cars, i just want to make my car a hella lot faster and i don't have too much money rollin in. What do you think...? :blink: Thanks

i would do a H22 lude swap and forget the V6 unless you would like to convert your car to a tube frame then go ahead. one of my friends has a 1993 lude vtec with a tubro putting down 285 hp w/ not too much work. and he still got a ton more things to go on his car.

so how much would a type s engine cost with everything, and would that be a 5 speed manny?

why would you waste your money for a type s? honestly. the ONLY reason i can see going type s is all motor... but even then spending that kind of money is rediculous to me.

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@May 14 2003, 10:25 PM
why would you waste your money for a type s? honestly. the ONLY reason i can see going type s is all motor... but even then spending that kind of money is redicuous to me.

Depends on what you can get a Type S for. Paragus (who I haven't seen in ages BTW) got his for $1850. But the other reason to get it (aside from being a great platform for all-motor) is the LSD tranny.

so would i be better off just swap to h22 with auto tranny? and supercharge it like that one guy up there said i didnt feel like quoting

i would advise to get the h22a. what kind of forced induction route you go with is ultimately dependent on what you do with your car and your plans for the future. i think you should post in the forced induction section as far as that goes.

was the v6 6 speed a lot faster? would it be worth it to sell my car for 15,000 and save up 10 and then buy a 6 speed?

Back