What about the cat?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was researching some more yesterday when i was trying to find some civic si motor mounts, and really couldnt find a answer. The civics cat is right off the header, with my b18b where am im going to be able to fit the cat in there? I have a 5zigen exhaust on there now but stock header on the civic and mounting up the stock b18b header after I do my swap. I dont want to go anything aftermarket really becasue in a matter of months it will be turbo anyway.

So will i need to mount up the integra manifold, then chop my civic exhaust, get a pipe made to start the bend under the car, connect a cat there and get 2 o2 bungs welded in, then another pipe made to bolt up to the rest of my 5zigen or what?

what year car? i'm assuming you have a base trim model with the cat on the header deal... if so, you'll need a cat from an si model or something similar. the cheapest way to get by in the mean time is to just run a test pipe. but, this may be illegal in your area....

Quoted post[/post]]
what year car? i'm assuming you have a base trim model with the cat on the header deal... if so, you'll need a cat from an si model or something similar. the cheapest way to get by in the mean time is to just run a test pipe. but, this may be illegal in your area....

The car is a 97 civic CX putting in a JDM 97 b18b. I was going to run a test pie until i found out the correct way to hook up the cat, and yes it is illegal up here.

Back