1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What All Do I Need

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by (-CRX GUY-), May 10, 2003.

1. (-CRX GUY-)

(-CRX GUY-) Banned

Im pretty sure i got everything. I got new coilovers, struts... lol i know thats pretty much all i need but do i need a spring compressor or what? can i do it without one? thanks

2. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

Air tools and a decent car manual if you've never done this before.

Oh, and no schedule for the day. It'll take quite a few hours.

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

also have a freind with a car help you. The LCA bolts like to snap. Use lots of pb rust blaster.

4. doofnoil

doofnoil Senior Member

you need a spring compressor(which can be rented at autotzone etc. for 30 bucks), some jackstands and a floor jack, and things like a torque wrench(~20 bucks) and a set of metric sockets, both medium and deep well. That's all I needed, no bolts snapped, but I did spray them down with pb blaster. I stripped on of my pinch bolts and ALMOST crossthreaded a crossmember bolt, which would have sucked. I also bent my passenger lca, but the alignment guy said he can fix it. A rule of thumb is if it doesn't perfectly line up the first tim, do NOT smack it repeatedly with a hammer.
    Took me about 6 hours with breaks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted