What Are These

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
My replacement LCA's came and this time, they came with a diffrent part. What are these things that are hanging down from them?
s3e946b6e900be.jpg

s3e946b7f704ed.jpg

looks like maybe where a sway bar would go, i have no clue

they look like the pieces that usually go in the front of the rear trailing arm, to adjust the toe of the rear suspension... dont know why its there though?

well, they are LCA's, but the pices in the middle look like the link for the rear traling arm... where they're at now, isn't that where the shock bolts to the LCA?

:withstupid:

thats the part twards the front of the trailing arm where you adjust the toe in/out
you shouldnt need it

Originally posted by B16@Apr 9 2003, 05:46 PM
well, they are LCA's, but the pices in the middle look like the link for the rear traling arm... where they're at now, isn't that where the shock bolts to the LCA?

Yes, that is where you mount the shocks to. That peice was just bugging me because the other set of LCA's did not have them. Thanks, and even better, this time It came with 2 bolts and everyone in the area is sold out of LCA bolts.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Apr 9 2003, 04:56 PM-->
@Apr 9 2003, 05:46 PM

Yes, that is where you mount the shocks to. That peice was just bugging me because the other set of LCA's did not have them. Thanks, and even better, this time It came with 2 bolts and everyone in the area is sold out of LCA bolts.

ya, dan is a crazy person, god only knows why he put them on there, lol

That's a compensator arm. Like B16 said it mounts to the front link of the trailing arm. Holds the rear trailing arm to the chassis where the toe adjustment bolt is. He must have bolted it there to keep the relative components together.

Back