What BOV or Turbos make this sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96coupeb18

Got a ?? I have seen some turbo setups when you are just idling that you can rev the engine and it will engage the BOV, is that the turbo or is that the BOV that allows you to do that , at just idling, cause my friend has a Turbo XS Blow Off Valve and a external wastegate and his wont due that at idling, but a friend with a WRX has the same BOV, but his turbo is wastegated internally?? I want to be able to blow off at idling what do I do?? thanks

So basically you are saying just tap the throttle, or push in all the way and then quick release (well not up to rev, I mean) ????

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Sep 26 2003, 04:18 PM
when you rev and immediately close the throtle, the BOV should realease.

EDIT: your car would actually have to have built boost for it to work though.

on hondas the bov DOES release, but in such a minimal way that it will not go WHOOOOOSHHHH unless there is a load on the engine.

if you rev and release the bov, i laugh, cuz you're slow. only small ass turbos do that, unless you bounce on the gas and try to post-detonate to spin the housing.
either way, its gay.

yup . . . you just gota have some pressure behind it . . . floor it while in neutral and rev it up a bit, and then just release the gas and it should sound. It will not be very loud unless you have a lot of pressure build up.

Back