what can i get for accord lx v4/5a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

md_accord

hi, i've been looking for parts for my new 04 accord lx, it's a v4 5-speed auto. i wanted to get the AEM intake, but it says *not* for the v4/a5 with MAF. what is MAF, and do all accords have it? or is it just a CA emissions thing? or what would be a good alternative to the AEM intake?? thanks!

"MAF" means mass air flow sensor, and yes, most 4-banger automatic Accords probably have them, it's not a special emissions control device for CA vehicles or anything. Try looking for Injen or K&N intakes.

Also, just a little FYI, you will probably get ragged on for referring to your engine as a "V4." The "V," as in "V8," refers to the way the cylinders are arranged in an engine. As your engine only has 4 cylinders, there is no need to arrange it in a V-pattern.

oh okay, got it. so what would be the quality/performance difference between say AEM and K&N intake? do any websites have info comparing these?

i dunno if there are any web sites comparing them, but i know that AEM has dyno sheets for most of their products on their web site. So you could go check how much hp their intake supposedly adds, then go to injen's site or K&N's site and see if it says how much hp their stuff is supposed to add

Back